Nice matters...it always matters!!!!!...... STAR Students are Cam and Ms. Z!!!!!
School begins promptly at 8:30... Do not forget your mask!!!!!... DO not forget to join PTA!!!!!!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mrs. Peacock in the woods with duck eggs

~No it's not a game of clue.....and it's actually Mr. Peacock!

~I went for a long long long hike in the woods today with my dogs. I was amazed to come across a wild peacock. I could not get him to fan his feathers. He made the most incredible scream. It sounded like someone was being killed.

~When I came upon a small pond, I couldn't believe my eyes.... full nest of eggs! I saw some ducks on the pond and assumed they belonged to them. I counted 15.


Only the males have the big feathers. The females are brown and do not have the long feathers.

WOW
~Tomorrow is back to Jacksonville. I am so relaxed right now! I am ready to come back to school. We have so many great things planned for the last 9 weeks! Some of them are:
*The Grade Five Dance!
*The Grade Five Cookout!
*Wild Adventures!
*More baseball!
*American Grandstand!
*The 19th Annual Gibbo Peck Awards!
*End of Year Luncheon!
*Finish The Boy in the Striped Pajamas!
*Hearing Mrs. Peck read the part of "Gilly"
*Maime Trotter!
*Pajama Day!
*The Grade Five Awards
*Our Yearbook CD
*And a few other surprises for the Apes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Remember when Mr. Gibbons read you the poem "The Raven" by Edgar Alan Poe? Scroll down to Playlist to hear a scarier version read by actor Christopher Walken.

Swim America Fun